8 Interview Questions to Attract - and Keep - Great Talent
Why should we hire you?
What do you know about the company?
What was your previous role like?
What is your salary expectation?
We’ve all heard these before, right? These are typical interview questions that a candidate is asked. But will this help determine if the candidate is your right pick? The interview period is brief and minimal for you to determine whether the individual seated in front of you is the right candidate.
There is a treasure trove of talent out there. You only need to drill deeper to find treasure. Hiring is one of the most crucial decisions that determine the success of a firm. And the toughest! But remember, your questions should center on identifying both:
- The candidate’s aptitude for the position
- The candidate’s enthusiasm for the position
Every business has various requirements for hiring people, as well as different time frames, budgets, and expectations. Despite this, every business must strategically plan its interviewing process to locate the best candidates. Here are a few sample questions that will assist you in creating a successful interview process.
- What are you aiming to achieve in your upcoming role?
- What do you think of our firm?
- Would you be prepared if we asked you to make an impromptu presentation? And what subject would you choose?
- Which non-professional talent do you most want to acquire?
- If we chose you to be our next CEO, what changes would you implement at our business?
- Have you made a decision that involved great risks? If yes, explain.
- How would you deal with a workplace conflict?
- How would you explain yourself to your superiors or management if you failed a task?
Before framing questions, you need to be aware of the information you expect from the candidate. Remember not every query should have the same weight. It ought to be open-ended. Most importantly, your inquiries should only be utilized as a part of the hiring process and not as a judgment of the candidate.
If you want to pave the way to innovation, see high-performance levels, become leaders in your industry, and reach a wider talent pool, then it’s time you fine-tune your hiring process with us. Get in touch with AMBC’s IT staffing team and see how we can support you in implementing the best hiring process.